Section on Teaching
The Teaching Section of ARNOVA is a community of scholars and practitioners who are committed to improving and furthering teaching and learning focused on nonprofit organizations, philanthropy, civil society and voluntary action. Our community provides a forum for networking, information and resource sharing, building teaching capacity, as well as fostering and disseminating related research. We hold a series of events in conjunction with the annual ARNOVA conference, sponsor a LinkedIn group which supports community dialogue during the year, and conduct other related activities.
ARNOVA Conference Activities
At the annual ARNOVA conference, we conduct a Teaching Section seminar on the Wednesday evening before the conference, a lunch round table on Thursday, as well as two sessions during the course of the conference. We also conduct our annual business meeting at the conference where we review our recent accomplishments and plan for the upcoming year and beyond.
For more information about our 2012 Conference Activities, click here.
Current Teaching Section Officers
- Chair: Mary Ann Feldheim, University of Central Florida, Mary.Feldheim@ucf.edu
- Chair Elect: Guinara Minnigaleeva, Russian Federation National Research University firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Brenda Bushouse, University of Massachusetts, email@example.com
- Secretary: Kathleen Hale, Auburn University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Development Officer: Kate Pravera, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicagokpravera@uic.edu
Past chairpersons include: Heather Carpenter, Grand Valley State, Barbara Metelsky, North Carolina State University, Jessica Sowa, University of Colorado, Denver; Judy Millesen, Ohio University and Norm Dolch, University of North Texas.
In September, the Teaching Section will be hosting elections for new officers. Stay tuned for more information about these elections.
Teaching Section Membership
Teaching Section membership is open to current members of ARNOVA. Our annual dues are $10. In addition to the general benefits that come from participation in our community of scholars, other specific benefits of membership in the Teaching Section include:
- networking with your colleagues who teach nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, or volunteerism;
- access to professional development webinars;
- opportunities to attend and/or present at Teaching Section conference sessions and non-conference activities;
- learning about teaching tools and resources;
- optional membership in the Teaching Section LinkedIn group where you can network with other section members.
You can join the Teaching Section when you join ARNOVA or renew your ARNOVA membership online (www.arnova.org). If you are a current ARNOVA member who wants to join the Teaching Section before it is time to renew your membership or have questions about joining the Teaching Section please contact the ARNOVA office by calling 317-684-2120 or by clicking here.
To look at our by-laws, click here